If you live in Connecticut and are thinking about moving, you may be wondering whether you should just do it yourself, or hire a professional mover. Each of these methods has some pros and cons, that may mean different things to different people. It is up to each individual to decide which moving process is the best for them. To learn more about the pros and cons of moving by yourself or with the help of a professional moving company, keep reading.
Also, be sure to check out our FREE eBook, "How to Choose a Moving Company" in order to ensure you choose a mover that will meet your needs.
Do it Yourself Moving
- Less expensive than hiring a company.
- You will get a good workout by moving all of your things.
- You will be very careful with your own things.
- You will know where you want everything to go and how you want it packed.
- You will know what is fragile or needs extra care when being handled.
- You may still have to pay for a truck rental.
- You may inadvertently hurt yourself when lifting heavy items.
- You may have to deal with inclement weather, such as snow or summer heat.
- You are not professionally trained in moving and packing items, so you may make break things by mistake, or take longer to complete these tasks.
Hiring Connecticut Movers
- You don't need to do any hard work; just sit back, relax, and let the movers do their job.
- Professional movers are often licensed and insured.
- Professional movers are trained and experienced in packing and moving procedures, making for an efficient moving experience.
- Professional movers may sometimes be expensive.
- The employees of some professional moving companies may steal or break some of your items.
As you can see, there are many things that one must consider before choosing to hire movers in Connecticut. For example, someone who is not very strong or physically active may find moving to be a daunting task, and require the help of a professional. Whereas someone who works out all the time may find the challenge of moving to be exciting.
Moving yourself is less expensive, but requires a lot more work.
Most moving professionals in Connecticut can efficiently perform all of the hard work for you, and are even licensed and insured to protect themselves, you, and your items.
If you're in the process of moving or will be soon, contact us today for your FREE quote!
[Free eBook] Step by Step Moving GuideWe know how stressful and frustrating moving to a new home can be. Father and Son Moving and Storage wants to keep your move as simple for you as possible.